Saturday, December 8, 2012

Hope That Never Disappoints

  As we fly through the months, weeks and days...I finally find a way to slow down and enjoy this time of celebrating Christ's birth.  Our family started a tradition know as the Jesse Tree.  A countdown to Christmas day.  

 
I was introduced to the Jesse Tree by blogger, Ann Voskamp from Aholyexperience.com several years ago.  Each day has a Bible devotion, starting with Isaiah 11:1-2 for day one



"A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit." ~ Isaiah 11:1

What hope we have knowing that even though we were cut off from God because of our disgrace, Jesus can bring us new life and defeat sin.  

We finished day five today which is titled "Living by Faith".  My husband and son already walked away from the table (daughter was at youth group) and it gave me some extra time in prayer to reflect on my faith and where God has called me.  I hold a couple positions; daughter, wife, mother, aunt, sister and friend The list could probably go on longer but that's not of importance.  The most important part of my roles is that because I have been so blessed through Jesus, that I should aim to bless all. 

 I KNOW I fall short in this area in different ways.  I lack to make that phone call, give a hug, stopped to pray with or just giving my undivided attention.  I'm always going full speed ahead and I'm sure there are so many times I don't even realize who I've disappointed.  I guess I really haven't shown myself as a true example of Jesus.  My prayer is that as we begin this season of Love, I show my love outward to those who are in my life.  So grateful that He never disappoints!




1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to add neighbor to that list, you always listen when we talk, and that is rare these days. You never make me feel like you have something to say and can't wait till im done to say it. I know self praise was not what you wanted, I know you want to honor Jesus and to show His love to those around you, well you do ! and i'm not just saying that 'cause I might need to borrow some sugar or milk later !!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. If you do not have a profile on here then please select anonymous and leave your name with your comment.